Friday, January 23, 2009

Staying out of the Kitchen!!! (Chili)

Here it is Friday and I haven't posted 1 blog all week. The main reason is that I have been trying to keep myself busy. The reason I am trying to keep myself busy is that I am hungry! Most of my friends know that I am into Nutritional Cleansing through Isagenix (http://jodistallings.isagenix.com/). I slacked off a little during the summer and over the holidays I think I went into SELF-DESTRUCT mode. I ate anything I wanted to and I never exercised, so here I am trying to catch up. I am on day 5 out of 11 and I am definitely on the upswing.
I've got a couple of things motivating me:
1. I have a pool in my backyard and I want to be able to enjoy it without feeling self-conscious.
2. My 20th class reunion is this September, enough said.
3. I just want to be healthy and be a good example for my kids, especially Sophie. I never want her to feel self-conscious about her body and I don't want her to see that in me.

With all of that in mind, I made Chile this week:) It was really good because it was REALLY cold this week. Luckily, it's warming up today, because Bo has his first outdoor baseball practice.

These are a few pictures from our week. On Monday, MLK jr Day, Michael decided to ride his bike to work! This is normally a 30 - 45 minute drive. He said it took him about an hour and a half. I did go pick him up at the end of the day because I didn't want him to ride home in the dark in busy Douglasville. Michael loves to ride his bike. Sometimes, he will get up at 5:00 AM and ride his bike then come home and leave for work before 7:00. He's crazy!
Cooper and Sophie play really good together. Now that she is in Kindergarten, he really misses her during the day. It's just not the same playing house with Reed, although he does try. This is a picture of Cooper and Sophie playing "Super Spies" one day when Sophie got home from school.
Here's my really quick, really easy chili recipe (I got it from Tiffany):

Chili:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 red or green pepper, chopped
1 sm onion, chopped
1 chili seasoning pack
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Franks red hot sauce
1 15 oz can Chile beans, undrained
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Brown meat with pepper and onion, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

1 comment:

Flo said...

I seriously can't believe he rode his bike to work. That is serious dedication!
The kids are so adorable!
I could adapt that recipe to be veggie! :)
Good luck with your cleanse. I really want to do the shakes again. I was doing really well there for a bit! :)