Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

Anybody want to do a nutritional cleanse with me? I started replacing 1 -2 meals a day with protein shakes on Monday, just to get ready. Next week, I will start my cleanse. For 11 -days I will be starving myself, not really. I have just gotten into the bad habit of eating whatever I wanted for so long and now I have to get back to reality!

By the way, my Magic Bullet is a favorite kitchen tool of mine. It's perfect for my protein shakes.
Yesterday, I took the kids to get haircuts. Reed was first. When he was done he found a bowl full of balls and arranged them along the windows of the shop. This place is so stimulating, I could barely get him to look at me long enough to take a picture. His hair is a little short, but I guess it will grow.

Next, Bo got finished pretty quickly. He was pretty bored so they let him play video games in one of the empty chairs. Bo is beginning to not like getting his picture made anymore. I wonder why?

Sophie was last. This was the first time she has ever had her hair cut by anyone but me. I figured is was time for her to get a real hair cut. Here she is admiring her reflection. She got 3 inches cut off! It looks really healthy now! They also put glitter in her hair when she was done.

Overall, I would call our trip a success! I can't figure out if I like the Snip Its in Douglasville. I liked the haircuts, but as soon as we were in the car, I noticed the manager SCRUBBING down the bench that Reed was playing on. She wasn't just wiping it down, she was thoroughly SCRUBBING the thing! I can't decide if I'm offended or not. My kids were basically well behaved for a children's hair salon. They were clean and well dressed. I'm trying to decide what would make that lady feel like she had to disnfect the whole store after we left. Maybe, not the whole store.

2 comments:

angism said...

Love the new haircuts!! Adrienne gave me a protein shake to try, but I haven't tried it yet. I probably need to do the cleanse, but I'm not sure I can stick to it for 11 days!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you kid. I'm starting Tues. and my 1st cleanse day will be Wed. We can do it! And congratulations on the W for you and Lee! Love ya, Mom