Monday, January 5, 2009

Best Cup of Coffee Ever!

I knew last night at 11:00 when Sophie was still jumping up and down and singing in her bed that it was going to be a rough morning.

At 4:00 Reed woke up crying, he had an extra cup of milk last night before bed and he was totally soaked. So Michael gave him some Tylenol because he was complaining that his mouth hurt and a little more milk. He went right back to sleep.

At 5:00, I heard a weird noise coming from the kids side of the house. Normally, I would say it was just Bo up making his early trip to the bathroom, but there were some different sounds too, I just couldn't figure it out. So I woke Michael up to investigate. Before Michael could even get his slippers on, Bo came into our room shivering with fever and said he had just vomited. Luckily, he is old enough to know to go to the bathroom when this happens, so we didn't have a big mess to clean up. I gave him some Sprite and some Motrin and he went right to sleep in our bed with us.

At 7:00, we realized Michael had turned off our alarm clock and had slightly overslept. I went to get Sophie up, where her alarm clock had been going off for a full 30 minutes. She got a new Hello Kitty alarm clock for her birthday and she was so excited about using it. To make a long story short, she was very tired, she cried a lot, and she was mad that Bo didn't have to go to school and she did. Eventually we got her out the door and to school.

It was a rough morning, but everything seemed to settle down. Bo is still asleep in my bed (It's 12:15 as I am typing this) poor baby. Reed slept until 11:15 and Cooper slept until about 11:30. So I had a nice quiet morning trying to get a few projects done, like cleaning out Sophie's closet.

I don't usually resort to caffeine in times like this. I usually just drink my plain old Dunkin Decaf and know that I will eventually wake up. I really try to stay away from the caffeine. Since I got a coffee grinder from my brother for Christmas, I decided to get some Whole Bean regular coffee. I have loved my coffee so much since I started grinding my own, I haven't had my decaf since Christmas. Fresh ground coffee does taste really good, especially this morning. This is a picture of my coffee/tea station in my kitchen. It gets used everyday!

The coffee grinder is on the top shelf. It's a little loud, but I don't mind. You may notice the Michael Buble coffee mug. He's my favorite! It was the best concert I have ever been to. You may also notice that I am almost out of my creamer and sugar. Some people say that I usually have a little coffee with my cream and sugar. I am trying to cut back on the sugar.
Sports update: Bo had baseball practice yesterday and Michael said it went really well. He is building his fundamentals and his strength. I can't wait to watch this team play. I played tennis yesterday, without Michael. We lost. We didn't win a single line. Hopefully this is not an indicator of how this whole season will go. Bo and Sophie both have basketball games this weekend.

No comments: