Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am turning 38 today! In honor of this special day, here are 38 random facts about me that you may or may not find interesting:


1. I love to bake! I learned this from my Grandmothers. One of my favorite memories of all times is sitting in my Grandmother's cramped, 3 ft by 4 ft kitchen and learning how to make Teacakes. Now, I'm the person in my family who makes the teacakes every holiday. I am proud to be able to do it. I can also remember as a very young child helping my Meme make biscuits.

2. I have an insatiable sweet tooth. My favorite candy is Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. I love strawberry pies.

3. I drink decaf coffee every morning. I just like the way it tastes. I also like coffee with dessert. I hardly ever drink anything with caffeine in it. Caffeine really messes with my sleep.

4. I love to nap. I love to go to bed early. I love my bed. I hardly ever sleep late anymore. I guess I am getting old.

5. I think it's neat that even though my Pop (my Dad's dad) died when I was in high school, he knew my husband from church. My Pop and Michael's grandad worked together at the local mill when they were younger.

6. I love it when people say that my daughter looks just like me. And I love it when people say that I look just like my mom.

7. My boys look just like their dad and I think their dad is the most handsome man in the world.

8. Michael (the hubby) is a multi-tasker and can do lots of things at one time. This is one of the things I love about him because I am a "one thing at a time" person.

9. I love reality TV. American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Big Brother, Survivor... the list goes on and on.

10. I am athletic. I play tennis, I'm not very good but I hope to get better. I have also played and/or coached golf, softball, basketball, soccer, track and gymnastics at some point in my life.

11. I don't love to dance! I think I am too inhibited. I DO love to dance to the "oldies" with a partner though. Sometimes I think I should have lived in the 1950's or 60's.

12. I love old movies. Doris Day, Audrey Hepburn, Carey Grant, and Grace Kelly are some of my favorite actors. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's, An Affair to Remember, and Pillow Talk.

13. I love the "80's" I love the music (Come On Eileen), I love the movies (Sixteen Candles), I love the hair, I love the clothes. I loved being in high school in the 80's.

14. I am a rule follower. I drive the speed limit.

15. I love my Dad. He has been making me laugh for 38 years. He has always been around for me. He coached my sports teams growing up. He was at every game I ever played as a High Schooler. Now he comes to all of my kids games. He's so wise about everything and he is a good listener.

16. I got a new camera for my birthday and I can't wait to learn how to use it.

17. I am creative. I am good at crafty things.

18. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so when it comes to the "crafty things" I mentioned in #17, it usually takes me a while.

19. I am very patient and laid back. I am not bothered easily by people or circumstances.

20. I have a new elliptical machine and I love to work out on it.

21. I can't wait to go swimming again in our backyard pool. Next week is Spring Break and I hope to be spending a lot of time out there.

22. Unless we go to the beach. We are spontaneously planning a trip to the beach for Spring Break. I love spontaneous trips.

23. I love to wear sweat pants.

24. I am going to let Sophie get her hair cut after Easter.

25. I am going to MAKE Bo get his hair cut before Easter.

26. I ABSOLUTELY HATE, with a fear that many people have never known, the dentist. I would say, this is my biggest weakness.

27. I can't wait until the tulips bloom in my front yard. Any day now.

28. I am content. I love my life right now. Thank you God!

29. I wear a size 9 shoe. Most of that is my toes. I have really long, skinny toes.

30. I love to wear dresses in the summer and spring.

31. Even though I look like my mom, I hope to act like her too. She is someone who will bend over backward to help the ones she loves. She is the true example of the Proverbs 31 woman. I love my mom!

32. I am very close to my brother and sister. My brother is in Belize right now sharing Jesus with the kids in school. He will be home this weekend. I see my sister everyday. I keep her 3 year old (Cooper) while she teaches 4th grade. Her son, Russ and Bo are the same age and Madi is almost 11 years old. Sophie looks up to Madi like a big sister. And Madi is so good to Sophie and Reed.

33. I love to plan parties and menus. I am good at delegating, but sometimes, I just like to do everything myself.

34. Both my grandmothers and Michael's grandmothers are still with us. Including Michael's grandfather, my kids have 5 Great-Grandparents around to teach them and love on them. I love to hear stories from our grandparents.

35. My main job in high school and college was being a life guard. I also cleaned house for a sweet little Jewish woman for a short time in college. I also worked at HoneyBaked Ham during the Holidays. My family called me the "Pork Princess."

36. When Bo was a baby, the Paulding County Sheriff's dept. stormed my house looking for a fugitive car thief, while we were home! (Long, scary story)

37. I have never broken any bones.

38. This was harder than I thought. I usually don't really focus on myself.

5 comments:

The Harmon's said...

Happy Birthday hope you have a great day. Loved the post learned so much about you.m

Amanda

angism said...

Loved reading all the things about you!! I'm glad to have you and your family as my friends:)

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday! It was fun to read all about you. I wish I lived close enough to my sister to watch my nephew while she works. Your sister is lucky.

Have a great day and hope your year is filled with many blessings.

Oh, and 38....NOT old!

Mom said...

38 years ago when you were born, I just knew you would be a special blessing to me and you have been, It was a blessing just reading your random things. God bless you and I love you.

Janell said...

happy birthday! enjoy your camera!