Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coldest Spring Break Ever!

We had a great Spring Break! It was cold and a little miserable, but it was a good time to get away. Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Reed just came up to me and said "take my picture." Then he went and laid down on the sofa and did this. What a ham!





Tiffany brought a portable DVD player and the kids had fun watching movies on the bed.




Bo, Madi, Russ and Sophie played their DS all the time. It's good they brought them because we were cooped up inside alot.




I never took my jacket or sweat pants off while we were outside.



You would not believe how cold it is outside by the fun that the kids were having.



Reed loved playing in the sand.



Sophie played in the sand for a while. She finally got brave enough to get in the water, but she was so cold.



Russ, Bo and Madi got wet from the beginning. The cold water was warmer than the cold air.

We made tacos one night for dinner. One night we ordered Pizza. The other night we went out to eat at Lulu's. It is one of our favorite places to go while we are there. They have a huge sand area for the kids to play in. Apparently, Lulu's is owned by Jimmy Buffet's sister. Every time I go I get the "Cheeseburger in Paradise." It's soooooo good! If you go, be prepared to wait. It's worth it though.


While we were there I also enjoyed reading a book. I didn't think to bring one of the many books from home that I plan on reading. But I was really in the mood to read, so I read one of the books that my Aunt already had in the condo. The book is Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy. It wasn't my favorite book ever, but after reading all of the Twilight books, it was a nice easy read that I didn't have to pay too much attention to. Every morning, I would get up and make a cup of Instant Coffee. Yes, you read that correctly. I normally don't do "Instant" but I LOVE General Foods International, French Vanilla Cafe. When I was in college, in the Education Building, there was a vending machine that sold this coffee by the cup. I would drink this everyday during my break. Just the smell of it brings back such vivid memories for me. Every now and then I will get in the mood for this coffee. Now that they have the decaf version I can drink it a little more often.
Every time I called Michael while we were gone he told me about this "project" he was working on. He wouldn't give me details. When I got home I found our Powder Room to be completely redone. (It really needed because of the towel bar that was hanging from the wall by one side with a scratch mark all along the wall where it broke. Sophie had also added a little artwork on the wall in the form of a smiley face girl with a bow on her head. The toilet paper holder was also broken.) I was so Happy! Michael is not an indoor project person. If he is going to work around the house, it's mostly going to be the outdoor stuff, like landscaping. The last time I asked him to help me paint was before Bo was born and he almost had a nervous breakdown from the tedious nature of painting. So when I saw that he painted the bathroom and put up beadboard and crown molding, I had to question if he really did it himself. He said that he got a little help with the woodwork, from his cousin David. But I was shocked to find out that Michael actually did all the painting. It looked really good and he even picked out a color that I liked. What a good, good man! I love him!
Overall, Spring Break was a lot of fun. I think the kids really had a good time and I know they will always remember these little trips with their cousins.

1 comment:

angism said...

Where is the picture of the finished powder room?? I was scrolling down hoping to see it:) I feel your pain about the cold. I did put a shorts a time or too, but not for very long!!! I'm beginning to wonder if warm weather is ever going to get here!!