Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Changing the title of my Blog (Chili)

A BLESSED MESS! That's more like it these days. It seems my life is one big continuous mess! Poor little Reed, I'm not blaming everything on him and I LOVE HIM! But oh my goodness that boy can get into things... Let me just give you a few examples from this week:

You know the big, big boxes of Goldfish crackers that you buy at the grocery store? He dumped the whole thing out onto Sophie's bed.

Oh and the Q-Tips! Those stinking Q-Tips! He loves to empty the box and spread them throughout the house. Q-Tips are not very easy to put back in the box once they come out either.

Here's a picture of him after he dumped my canister of rice out into the floor of my pantry. He started to clean it up, but then he liked the sound the rice made as he put it back into the canister. It got worse from there. (Sorry all you organized people for the messy pantry.)
And here's another picture of the mess he made after emptying our TV armoire of all the movies.

I'm not going into detail and I don't have a picture for this, but yesterday, Reed gave a whole new meaning to the words "Poop Deck." Luckily for me, I was away at Bunco and Michael was on call to clean this one up.

Do you think I never watch him? I do!!!! It just seems like every time I turn my head he goes to find the first thing he can get his hands on.

I don't care what he does, he will always melt my heart with those big brown eyes. Even as I sit and clean up all of his messes, I never get mad at him. I am fine with him being two and being a "mess - maker." He's my last baby and I'm just not ready for him to grow up.

I read a great quote from Katie Holmes about cute little Suri. "I've never met a 2-year old who is terrible. I'm so cool with every stage my daughter goes through. I just think she's amazing. I hope she's not looking at me thinking, Mom, are the terrible 30's coming on with you?"


Reed, Sophie and Bo are my precious gifts from God! I love every minute of being their mom!



The cousins are coming over to spend the night tonight and I made a big pot of Chili. It's been a rainy and dreary couple of days around here. All of our Ballgames are cancelled for tomorrow. So tonight, we are going to stay in, have a bowl of Chili and watch "Twilight."

Have a Great Weekend!

Here's my Chili Recipe:

2 lb ground sirloin
1 med onion
2 packets Chili seasoning
2 large cans diced tomatoes
2 large cans Hunts Chili beans
5 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tbs Franks Red Hot Sauce

Brown the ground sirloin and the onions in the bottom of a big stock pot. Drain. Add the Chili seasoning packets and stir. Add diced tomatoes, chili beans and sauces; stir. If you like a soupier Chili, add a can of V8 or some water. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour (The longer the better).

I serve my Chili with Fritos, Sour Cream, Mustard, Mozzarella Cheese and crackers. We will probably have some hot dogs also in case the kids don't want chili.

6 comments:

angism said...

Sounds like a fun night!! It's almost nice having the rain force you to stay in for the weekend!! It looks like Reid keeps you busy:)

Flo said...

This melted my heart! I am blessed to know such great parents as you & Michael.
Denver & I may never have children; but there are great parents like you out there putting amazing kids on the earth!
Reed is adorable and gives you a run for your money! :)

Joyce said...

My youngest daughter was like this...The fact that they are so cute sure helps alot : )

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog...have a great weekend!

Allison Hooks said...

Reed's destructiveness must be a gene that runs in the family because Lily is the same way. How do they make such a mess in just a minute or two?! They are both just so cute, it's hard to get upset!

Thanks for the chili recipe; I have been looking for a good one!

Anonymous said...

Reid sounds like a handful (maybe he gets it from his Uncle Lee - ha!) ... but what a handful of JOY. Glad you didn't have Poop Deck duty ! Thanks for being transparent and sharing. I know it probably wasn't funny as each thing happened, but you can't help but chuckle. I enjoy reading your blog !

Amy said...

Emma and Reed need to have a playdate soon! I can only imagine the mess they would make together...LOL! I'm going through the same thing with her!