Thursday, August 27, 2009

Time with Family (Layered Salad)

My cousins Brooke and Paige have moved out to California and their brother, Brian now lives in New York. This summer we were lucky enough to get to visit with them at my Aunt Jackie's house. Her house is on a lake and we often get together there for family functions. It's perfect.

Sophie out by the lake


My cousin Brooke's oldest son, Leo

Brooke's middle son, Luke


Russ (I love this picture!)



Russ, Leo and Bo fishing off the dock




Brooke's youngest son, Lincoln and Reed





Bo, Grandmother and Russ



Sophie on the rope swing




Janie and Uncle Jim




My CA cousin Paige, me, my NY cousin Brian, Janie and Tiffany




Cooper playing in the sand



My dad, My beautiful Mom, My beautiful Aunt Jackie and My Uncle Jim



The 2 Reeds (My CA cousin Paige named her son Reed too. We didn't even know we did this.)




My Uncle Jim and the CA Reed, his grandson (look at Reed's tongue)



NY Brian, Grandmother and CA Paige



My sweet Grandmother
I can't exactly remember if we had this layered salad at my Aunt Jackie's house this summer, but it is definitely something we always have at our family get togethers. It's a good salad and most people really like it.
Layered Salad
Ingredients:
1 head lettuce, rinsed and chopped
1 small red onion
1-2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
1 can Baby Green Peas
2 cups Mayo
Sprinkles of Accent
Bacon (Fried and chopped into bits)
In a large Tupperware container, layer ingredients in order. Add bacon just before serving and mix the salad together.

No comments: