Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Henry (Jimmy Carter Cheese Ball)

Daniel and Angela had their baby boy Henry on August 6. He was 5 weeks early and weighed 4lb 5 oz. He is amazing.





Unfortunately, Baby Henry was born before his own Baby Shower. Both he and Mommy were still in the hospital at the time of the shower, but we had it anyway.
Sherry opened a few of the presents so we could get a peek, but we saved most of them for Angela to open when she returned home from the hospital.



I just love shower food. Joannie ordered the cake and made the delicious punch (I've got to get the recipe for that). I made meatballs. Instead of making the meatballs from scratch, I just bought the frozen kind and made a yummy sauce to go with them. I accidentally bought HUGE meatballs and they ended up being kind of a mess, but they still tasted good. I also made a cheese ring. I'm not sure why we call it a "Jimmy Carter Cheese Ring." We just do. You can find the recipe below.
Henry is finally home now. I still can't get over how little he is.
Just look at those eyes. They melt my heart.

Jimmy Carter Cheese Ball
Ingredients:
1 lb Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup mayo
1 sm onion, finely grated or chopped
Strawberry Preserves
Crackers
Mix well all ingredients except preserves. Press into a 5-6 cup greased ring mold. I use my bundt cake pan. Refrigerate several hours. Unmold and set small bowl of preserves in center of ring. Serve with crackers.




1 comment:

Allison Hooks said...

Henry is adorable! I'm glad he and the Stallings family are all doing well.

I think it's called Jimmy Carter Cheese Ring because his wife submitted it to an article while he was President. That's the story Mom always told me.