Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Russ' Birthday (Baked Salmon)

I'm still here working on my computer real estate classes. I've decided to push back my test date to May. This will give me a little more time to finish my computer work and I will be able to take the "Cram Course" before the test. Apparently this cram course is helpful for taking the state exam and I need all the help I can get.

We had Russ' (nephew) birthday party last weekend. Tiffany took all the kids to see "Race to Witch Mountain" and then they went to Stevie B's for dinner. After that, we all met at Tiffany and Brandon's house for Cookie Cake, Ice Cream and Presents. Bo and Russ are really into Bakugon right now, so that's what we got him for his birthday. Here's a picture of Bo and Russ at the party. Russ is actually a little taller than Bo, but he was sitting down when I took this picture.
Because we really like to celebrate a birthday for as long as possible, on Tuesday, we met at Taco Mac for Russ' actual birthday. Here are the cousins being silly and playing "the claw" after we ate. They all make me so happy!
Russ was Bo's first best friend! I can remember when Bo was barely talking, I would go to his room every morning to get him out of his baby bed and the first thing he would ask me was "Where's Russ?" They get into a little mischief sometimes. Just as an example, when they were about 5 years old, we found them in the middle of a kudzu patch down behind our church one day. It was actually pretty dangerous, because that was some thick kudzu, but Tiffany and I couldn't stop laughing at the sight of them. We could barely see their heads poking out of the top. We just had to take a picture!
I'm so proud of Russ and the kind young man he has turned out to be, but mostly I am thankful for him being such a good friend to Bo.

On another note, I made some really good Salmon last night. Sophie loved it and she had 2 helpings. Here's a picture and the recipe:
Baked Salmon
1/2 pound butter
4 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 - 3 lbs of a fresh side of salmon, skin and bones removed

In a small saucepan heat all ingredients for sauce until almost boiling. Set aside half of the sauce to serve with the cooked salmon.
Baste both sides of the salmon and place on an aluminum foil lined pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about that kudzu just makes me lol! And you can cook me the salmon anytime now... that looks good.

angism said...

I think it is so awesome all the cousins are so close and get to spend so much time together!!

Anonymous said...

That salmon looks awesome. Ashtyn came home the day you made it and told me that I should get your recipe and tada...here it is.