Friday, March 13, 2009

A Quick Friday Note...


I have been working on the computer all morning while the boys are playing and taking it easy.

I just thought I would let you know about how DESTRUCTIVE my baby boy has become.

Yesterday, Reed emptied a whole bag of sunflower seeds out into the floor of Sophie's bedroom. It took me a while to clean that one up. I found sunflower seeds in her bed, under her bed, in her closet, in her bookshelf and in her baby bed. I am still finding them.

Yesterday afternoon, I popped a bag of popcorn and left the whole bowl of it on the table for the kids to snack on. I was in my room getting ready to go to Russ' baseball game and when I came out, I found Reed sitting on the kitchen table throwing every bit of that popcorn to the ground. It was scattered and stomped on all over the kitchen, breakfast room, living room and hallway. No, he didn't just spill them, he was throwing the pieces of popcorn in different directions... and laughing.

Now, this morning, Reed was sitting in Michael's recliner and drinking his milk and watching his favorite show. I didn't worry about it being so quiet because this is the calmest part of my day. When I strolled back through the living room to fix another cup of coffee, I noticed white fluffy stuff all over the floor. It looked like a cloud had landed right there on the floor. No, it wasn't a cloud. Reed had figured out how to open the zipper of the cushion of the recliner and he had pulled every bit of the stuffing out of the cushions and had thrown it out on the floor.

All this in less than 24 hours!

What is it about boys and messes?

I love him to pieces though!

6 comments:

angism said...

Sounds like Reid has been keeping you busy:)

Anonymous said...

I can see and hear him doing that with his little "ha ha ha ha" laugh!

Janell said...

yes i know about boys! good luck with that one....he's too cute (and i think he knows it).

Joyce said...

He can get away with a little mischief because he has such a cute little face : )

Allison Hooks said...

How can you get upset with an adorable face like Reid's?!

Anonymous said...

But he is SOOO cute :)