Monday, March 23, 2009

Baby Cydney (Hashbrown Casserole)

We had a great weekend: 1 softball practice, 1 birthday party, 1 tennis match and 5 baseball games that ended with us winning 1st place in the tournament! I also lost Reed once which was a little scary, but after a lot of help we found him. Here is a picture of our team after they won! Way To Go 'Horns!

This is what Reed does during a baseball game. He is filthy!
The concession stand is Sophie's favorite part of baseball!
The highlight of my week was the birth of Baby Cydney Claire Check, daughter of one of my favorite people in the whole world! Monica left for the hospital at about 9:00 on Monday night and at about 9:00 the next morning, Cydney was born with a head full of black hair! It's going to be so fun to have a baby around again. Here she is at the hospital on the day she was born. I think she has stars in her eyes.

We took dinner over to Carter and Monica's house on Friday. I made some fresh green beans, hashbrown casserole and bought some rolls and a turkey breast from Honey Baked Ham. I also made an egg custard pie for dessert. Here's my recipe for Hashbrown Casserole:

Hashbrown Casserole

2 lb bag frozen hashbrown potatoes

1 tsp salt

2 cup grated cheddar cheese

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 cup sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup

Corn Flakes

1 stick melted butter

Mix all ingredients together except Corn Flakes and butter. Place in a greased casserole dish. Crumble up several handfuls of Corn Flakes in a single layer over the top of the casserole. Drizzle melted butter over cornflake topping. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

5 comments:

Janell said...

She's a cutie!!!

Joyce said...

I love your daughter's smile without the front teeth...such a great age.

I miss snowcones. They don't really do ice here : )

angism said...

Congrats on the win!! I miss the days at the ball park. Sophie has the right idea with the concession stand:)

Anonymous said...

Good news all around on this post! I love how you just casually slid in there that you lost Reed...ha ha!

Congrats Checks!

Flo said...

The most beautiful family!
And the yummiest Tea Cakes!