Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kids In the Kitchen (Semi-Homemade Pizza)

The weather has been so gorgeous around here lately! We have been taking every opportunity we can to get outside. I know it won't last, because it is just mid-February, but I have my fingers crossed!
Last night, Bo had a 5:30 baseball practice and we were going to have to leave at 4:30, so we had an early dinner and I let the kids help. I totally recommend trying the Chef Boyardee Pizza Kits. I buy the Cheese Pizza kit that makes 2 large pizzas. I will also buy some ground beef, sausage, or pepperoni to go on top. I usually make the dough and brown the meat and then I let them add all the toppings. Next time I'm going to try one with all the veggies I like. The kids love helping me in the kitchen and I love to have their help.
We've had a great week so far! This is Sophie on Monday night getting ready for picture day at school the following day. She picked out this outfit and I went with it!
I just couldn't resist getting a close up because she thought I was going to let her wear make-up to school. I hope you can see the baby blue eyeshadow, frosted pink lips and the all over glitter.
Bo and Reed are buddies! Bo is so patient with Reed and helps fix him drinks and snacks for me. The other day they jumped on the trampoline together for at least an hour. At dinner time last night, Bo went to get a drink and Reed followed him and said, "I want a cup just like Bo." I bet this is just the beginning of the "just like Bo" stage of Reed's life. Here they are sitting together watching TV. I think they were watching SpongeBob or something.

3 comments:

angism said...

What sweet smiles:) Love the make-up!!

Anonymous said...

I love letting my child make her own pizza. I am lazy though, and normally buy the Boboli crusts, sauce and assorted tops.

Janell said...

we grew up on chef boy are dee pizza! i love it to this day. i would much rather have that than any kind you order. yum!